Friday, November 5, 2010

They Grow Up So Quickly...

Sherman turns 1 today!  In honor of my lil' man here is a tribute to his jam-packed first year of life! In his first year he has been to 4 countries, traveled in 3 planes, 4 boats, 10 trains and countless car rides..and he's always a "good boy!"
Sherman doing his best Julie Andrews in The Sound Of Music impression in the hills of Austria


Time for a nostalgic trip down memory lane from pictures I have taken in the past year on my iPhone:

Here we are leaving the parking lot where we bought him out of the back of a lady's truck. We bought him in Sherman, Texas and named him Sherman.  No one has ever accused us of being creative. 


Sherman's first surgery.  If you look closely you can see his toy that he got stuck in his "cone of shame" and he was coming to me for help in this picture. So pathetic. 



Jon was gone for the army during Sherman's first 4 months.  I made signs to send to Jon from Sherman...and then  Sherman ate them.
This is still his favorite thing in the world. Look at the pride in his face when I discovered his mess! Toilet paper is his drug. He can't get enough. We just think he is a winter dog and likes everything to be snowy. 
First Haircut.  And consequently, my first lesson to not allow my mom to take him to the groomer alone. 
Aggie Pride. ( I promise I'm not someone who likes to put clothes on my animals.  I can't help it if my dog doesn't like to be naked. )
 So today we are heading to the Hofbrauhaus in Munich to celebrate his birthday.  Unfortunately he is still too young to drink so we will have to leave him at the hotel while we go out to celebrate.  Maybe on his 3rd Birthday- after all, he will be 21 in dog years then.  Cheers!

1 comment:

The Binghams said...

Happy Birthday, Sherman! You must be lonely out there. I am sending Jack to be your companion. You're welcome.