Monday, November 15, 2010

Home of the Brave

Lately we have thousands of soldiers from our post returning after spending the past year in Afghanistan.  This month has been the first time I got to meet most of my friends' husbands because they have been gone for 12 months.  Our military post is small- so you can really feel the energy and patriotism buzzing all around with the majority of our soldiers returning.  In fact, tomorrow the first living recipient of the Medal of Honor since Vietnam is being awarded to a soldier from our tiny little post!! So you might see Vicenza on national news this week! 60 minutes was here last month filming the medal recipient at one of my favorite pubs! (Yes, it is an Irish pub in Italy. Best of both worlds.)




 Some of our 173rd Airborne Brigade Combat Team returning...







To their anxious families.

Anyway, I was searching today online to find a video of my friend's husband's homecoming this week and I stumbled upon one of my favorite YouTube videos of all-time. I figured I would share it in (delayed) honor of Veterans Day last week.  I dare you not tear up. 


 
There is plenty to be thankful for this Thanksgiving.

1 comment:

bkralston said...

I watched this without the sound hoping that would allow me to not tear up...no such luck...no point to wearing make up today!