Wednesday, November 3, 2010

When It Rains, It Pours

I should have known something was about to happen when I saw all of the animals begin to pair up two by two...

On Sunday it started raining, on Monday the entire military post closed at noon due to flooding, on Tuesday we were trapped downtown.

It turns out that not only was 3 days of rain the cause of our natural disaster, but the snow melting up in the Alps also contributed to the biggest flood in decades.  We were lucky because our building only had minor flooding and we live on the 3rd floor.  Besides, this building has survived for 600 years...a little water won't hurt anything! Some people down the street weren't so lucky as seen in this youtube video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvxkAI39i10&feature=share

 On a positive note I got to wear the green rain boots that Jon insisted I would never wear. That is our house on the left.
.
And we got to see the Polizia bring out their amphibious tanks to survey the damage

What you can't see in this picture is the park bench that is underwater at the bottom of the stairs


    But even through the floods the signs of Fall are gorgeous.

No comments: