Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Sara Marshall...Squared

As we are gearing up for lots of fun visitors in the upcoming months- I remembered I never posted about my sister-in-law Sarabeth's trip to see us! 

The weeks leading up to her visit I told my friends in Italy stories (or shall I say legends?) that make Sarabeth so great.  And after her visit with us my friend told me "You know how sometimes people just hype other people up and then it's a big let down when you actually meet them? Well, Jon's baby sister was the first person who has ever lived up to their hype!"  I told you! Aren't all people named Sara Marshall amazing??


Jon and Sarabeth right after she landed in Italy (that's our city in the background!)

Sarabeth and Jon riding VIP in a water taxi in Venice


Within the first 24 hours that Sarabeth arrived in Italy she had made more friends in this town than Jon and I in 6 months!  Proof? We invited her to a pub crawl in Venice on the day after she arrived- and there were already 6 people waiting at the train station to go with us who only knew Sarabeth!  These were people that she had met on the plane, airport, post and bar the night before.  Only Sarabeth.  But it made it so much more fun- one guy was actually an opera singer who serenaded us up and down the streets of Venice. Who needs a gondolier?

She met these locals on a bridge- then they followed her to a store just to bring her a drink from the bar next door!

 

During her visit we also went to Prague in the Czech Republic to celebrate New Years together.  Here are some random pics of our awesome trip:


Jon and SB exploring the Sedlec Bone Church. Yup, about 70,000 people's bones are artistically decorating this church. SEVENTY THOUSAND. That is a pyramid of skulls they are looking at in the cage.


How cold WAS it?? The holy water was frozen. You can insert your own walking on water joke here.

Turns out that this town IS big enough to handle 2 Sara Marshalls

1 comment:

posthelgason said...

Since World Market in Grapevine, TX has thus far been my ONLY European experience (well, OK...Epcot Center), I CANNOT WAIT to come and April is too far away!! Hope Italy is ready for some Aunt Kathy and Nancy Beth :p