For Jon's 30th birthday week (yes, we celebrate the whole week) we headed to Dublin, Ireland for a long weekend with friends. Nan met up with us from London too!
 |
| A traditional Irish pub. There are almost 1000 pubs in Dublin and I'm convinced we visited at least 859 of them. hiccup. |
|
We flew to Ireland on Ryan Air for ridiculously cheap (You can get tickets to London for only 8 euro each way !) The trick is that you can basically only pack a tiny backpack or else they charge you outrageous amounts for luggage. I tell you this because it will explain why I don't have many pictures of myself to share on this blog. When packing for 4 days in a tiny carry-on, sacrifices had to be made. After looking through my pictures from this weekend, I noticed that the sacrifices I made in make-up/ hair products and clothing options resulted in horrible photographs. ugh.
 |
| The Big Yellow Bus that is Ryan Air. Notice the advertisements on the overhead storage? They make up their cheap seats by saturating you in advertisements. The flight attendants literally have "commercials" in the middle of your flight. |
 |
| At the Guinness Storehouse in Dublin. I have been to the motherland. | | |
|
|
|
|
|
|
 |
| A perfect end to an Irish weekend. A rainbow over Dublin...yet, no leprechauns in sight. |
Happy early birthday Johnny Boy!!!
2 comments:
They just had a segment about those airlines on one of the morning Today shows just this morning! They were talking about how cheap it is until you check your luggage and recommended a backpack. Then I read your blog . . . woah!!
I'm really impressed with your turnaround time on this post - keep up the good work!
Post a Comment