- We have moved into our new house! We have all of our furniture and SOME random household goods but our 1st shipment is still missing. So as an example we have no bath towels...but all of our beach towels. No silverware but all of our silver serving dishes. No jewelry...but they did deliver my empty jewelry box. I could go on and on. So I am still living out of the original suitcase I packed for myself on May 29th. The army hasn't used the word "lost" yet so I still have hope.
- We went on a trip to Cinque Terra. Seriously one of the prettiest spots in Italy. For anyone who visits, I think you should carve out some time to visit this little cluster of cities on the coast. It is only about 3 hours from our house. We met up with other JAG Officers from Germany, one of whom went to high school with Jon! It's a small small world.
| View over Vernazza (the city we stayed in) in Cinque Terra |
| My view at the beach. Not pictured is the mojito I am drinking while enjoying this view. |
| Of course we brought Sherman. I promise we had him groomed soon after this picture. |
| Pretty. |
- Jon joined a local soccer team that plays the Italian leagues around town. He was soooo excited to be joining the team that he went out and bought new cleats like a little kid on the first day of school. Bad idea! During the game the new cleats got stuck in the grass as his body was making a sharp turn. His body turned; his leg did not and his knee bent the wrong way. So after a quick trip to the emergency clinic we discovered he tore his MCL. We are still waiting on the MRI results to see how bad the rest of the leg is torn up. His office keeps giving him a hard time that he completed airborne and air assault school without a scratch, yet played a little "futbol" and he is unable to run for 3 months. Ces't la vie...

3 comments:
SOOOOO glad you're back!!! I've missed you!
Gee Sara, it's about time you got back. I've missed reading about your adventures!
John's poor knee tragedy! Will he have to have surgery? Glad you're back at your computer. Miss you!
Post a Comment