We made it here! I promise to be better about updating this blog with all of our adventures...or misadventures. We arrived in Italy after a 19 hour plane trip on July 12th. I had decided that wearing sweatpants on the plane would be a GOOD decision. What I didn't account for was that we arrived on one of the hottest days of the year in a country where air conditioning is not considered a necessity. In fact, I don't think it is even considered at all. So I am sweating through my sweatpants (which, once again seemed like a good idea in Dallas...) surviving off of 2 hours of sleep when I discover that Jon's two new bosses are personally picking us up from the airport. Not my best first impression. But all of the heat was quickly forgotten when we pulled into the city. Vicenza is even better than I had imagined. Small winding cobblestone streets, brightly colored buildings from the 1700s, mountains in the backdrop of piazzas filled with eating and drinking..... you get the idea.
Here is a picture I took of the Piazza dei Signori at dinner last night:P.S. many of you (ok so maybe just my Mom) were concerned about how Sherman did on the 19 hour plane ride. We gave him drugs (Vet prescribed!) and he was an absolute angel! Sherman was a better traveler than Jon. We carried him as our carry-on baggage and on our flight to Germany the lady next to us didn't even know we had a dog with us till half way through the flight. He slept most of the way. Here is a picture of Sherman stowed safely under the seat in front of us.
More to come soon!
Learning to impress the ladies
2 months ago



1 comment:
I didn't realize that Verona is the setting of Romeo and Juliet!! How perfect for you guys (well, um, except for that unfortunate ending).
Post a Comment