This city is famous for it's historic bridge Ponte degli Alpini, ceramics, WWI & WWII history and most importantly...Grapppa (Italy's signature liquor). Russia has vodka and Italy has Grappa. Due to the extreme heat and fear of Italy's strict .05 blood alcohol content laws we did not partake in the Grappa. But we sure enjoyed watching those who did!
This is a picture we took from the bridge which was designed in 1569. The bridge has little bars all along it that are perfect for outdoor dining with this view:
The Alps are in the background
Jon and Sherman at the Bassano Market
I don't blame Sherman for begging for this food from under the table...I would too.
The cutest boy in Bassano del Grappa
The 2nd cutest boy in Bassano del Grappa






5 comments:
I love it! That place is gorgeous. I also like that Sherman is like a Flat Stanley. I can't wait to see where he visits next!
Miss you! It looks wonderful! I'm glad yall are having fun! Has Jon started work yet?
ohhhhh, Sara & Jon. I love your pictures and blog already. So glad you're getting settled in. P.S. Could you please open the trunk and let me and Nancy G OUT !!!!
The picture from the bridge is a framer!! Miss you!
Nice Aggie Ring in the food pic! Great blog - I just "discovered" it. Bookmarked and will read often. Be safe!
Post a Comment