Friday, September 24, 2010

Let's Dish!

I discovered a gem! Come to find out- 30 minutes from my doorstep is the ceramics capital of Northern Italy. Nove is a tiny little town at the base of the alps where you can't throw a stone without hitting 5 ceramics factories.  Ceramics originally didn't sound interesting until I found out that American companies like Williams-Sonoma and Tiffany & Co order their "Made in Italy" stock from this tiny town.  Which means..........WHOLESALE!!!!!!!!!!  4 dinner plates that would cost $172 in the United States are only $28 here!

Ummm...yes, please?  Tiffany & Co cheaper than Target!

Coming out of the kiln

Where your dishes are born~       hand-painted in an Italian warehouse

This might be what Martha Stewart's heaven looks like: floor to ceiling serving dishes!


Jon is mad that I'm blogging about this place because he was planning on giving out Tiffany & Co serving dishes for Christmas and never mentioning Nove's factories.  But in true girl fashion- I can't help but share with EVERYONE when I discover a great deal!

As a side note, since many of you have inquired privately, my own dishes etc have still not arrived yet.  No word from Kuwait on their whereabouts.

2 comments:

SpecialK said...

Well, that's it. . . I'm on my wayyyyy !!

bkralston said...

I am hoping to have you as my secret santa this year...bring on the blue box!!!! Do they have the Holiday china there? What a find!!!