Monday, September 20, 2010

It's in my blood

They say you can take the girl out of Texas, but you can't take the Texas outta the girl.  Well...the same can be said for the car business. Yes, this Post girl moved half way around the world and STILL found a car dealership to work at.  How you ask?  Well, like how all of my ventures begin....it started over drinks.  Jon and I started talking to a guy at an Italian bar who runs the dealership on base, I mention that I grew up in the car business and next thing I know I'm selling Ford trucks in Italy.  It's in my blood I guess. My Grandfather Pop would be so proud...selling cars on an army base.

It is just part-time, filling in when the main guy is out. So I worked there full-time the past 2 weeks while he was on vacation. After practicing my lines of "What's it going to take me to get you to drive away in this car today?"  you know what?     I actually sold one!  (but he custom ordered  his car and it will arrive in Italy in 3 months---living in Italy is all about delayed gratification)

Yup that's the car dealership trailer  and the one car on the lot. Nothing but the best for our soldiers. (Most of the inventory is in Germany on bigger military posts)
I'm also starting my job at the online travel guide company.  My first freelance assignment is....get this....review all of the local restaurants, bars and beauty salons. Yes, I'm getting paid to go out to eat and have drinks.  So tonight Jon and I are headed to one of the new restaurants in town to take pictures and taste their food for a review I'm working on.   Then we are headed to a wine bar...you know...for RESEARCH  : )

I will let you know when my first assignment is published!

4 comments:

emjay said...

Sara, I love it! You could fall into a bucket of slop (notice spelling) and come out smelling like a rose! Yea for Sara.

SpecialK said...

Sara - just curious about the online review job. How did you hear of it? Know anyone else doing it? Be careful of scams.

The Ford dealership job is fabulous!! Love the one car and trailer. Congrats on your sale! Yes, it is in your blood. You can't help it!

SMarshall said...

Aunt K- No worries-it's legit. Got the job through a friend from A&M. The site is built as a "concierge" type guide for military and contract workers living abroad. I'm already listed as a contributor:
http://mymilitaryconcierge.com/meet-the-team.html

It's a great site for anyone to use that wants to travel through Europe! mymilitaryconcierge.com

SpecialK said...

hehe! Such a relief. I just had this come up at the bank with a customer so I freaked out a little. Sorry !
Love the mymilitaryconcierge.com site. Already a facebook fan :)
I love you !!